Friday, November 23, 2007

Breastfeeding and the curious toddler!

Yes I am a breastfeeding mama! I never thought I would have been, before children my response to breastfeeding would have been "Ewwww! Gross!" But at some point in my pregnancy with Meredith I decided that I would breastfeed her, in fact I was determined. I had heard horror stories of how hard it is, and bleeding and cracked nipples and everything else that went along with it. When Meredith was born she took to the breast and with the support of my husband I quickly became a pro. I must admit there were moments in those first two weeks I wanted to quit, but Josh was my support that kept me going along with Lansinoh. I breastfed Meredith for a year and found it to be one of mt biggest accomplishments and one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. So of course when Noah was born I could not wait to experience that bond with him as well. In fact he is a lot like his sister and latched on in the recovery room and hasn't let go. He is mommy's little booby baby.

Like I mentioned before breastfeeding is not the easiest thing when you first get started and if it wasn't for Lansinoh lotion I wouldn't have made it! And now when I nurse Noah I have two little inquisitive eyes watching who want to know "What are you doing mama?" To which I explained giving Noah his milk. "What is that?" It is mommy's lotion for mommy's boobies. So last night as we were winding down and getting ready for bed, Meredith marched proudly into the living room with my lansinoh lotion in her hand and looked at me rubbing her chest with her other hand and said boobies! I couldn't help but laugh and say "Yes that is mommy's booby lotion!" I am fully prepared for her trying to put it on herself in the next few days! I swear this little girl is too smart for me!

1 comment:

The Owen Family said...

how funny is that!!!! booby lotion!!! reminds me of when Logan was 3 weeks old and Dr. Smith came over to see him. Thomas told him as he was leaving, "You come back and stay a while, my mom has milk in her boobies and that is the way she feeds baby Wogan." ha! Robert turned red, Dr. Smith turned red...needless to say, he did not come back for a while!!! ha!