Saturday, January 29, 2011
I mean between doctor appointments, dental appointments, kidney stones, field trips, Christmas programs, lunch dates with mere, drop off and pick up and meetings for the various organizations I belong to, I don't know how much more I can handle. And so it was at that point I had to start cutting things from my to do list. Blogging was one of the things I put on the back burner, along with baby books, housework, baseboards, and laundry. But when the whole family wore dirty jeans to a birthday party and Josh wore dirty scrubs to work, I decided the laundry had to be permanently put back on the to do list.
Blogging did not make it back on the to do list, but I've missed it. And I'm sure you have missed hearing all about my so called life.
So let's start with a few updates....
Noah is a little over 3 and right smack in the middle. That is my Noah. He is in the middle constantly, he is shuffled to all of his big sister's activities and all of his little sister's doctor appointments. He walks to the beat of his own drum. He goes with the flow, but makes it known he is going with it because it is his choice. He does nothing quietly and if he does...you can bet the middle of the oreos are gone. I feel bad about the him being in the middle. I strive to make sure he gets as much attention as the first who is always experiencing something new and the baby who needs lots of attention. Noah is smart. He gets things. He can watch something for a minute and he has figured it out and if he doesn't, he will ask. He has the vocabulary of a 5 year old....I laugh when I think about how I had him evaluated for speech. He is my only child who never shuts up.....EVER. He is constantly telling you something, asking you something or talking to himself. Surprisingly he never runs out of things to say. He loves the colors green and white. LOVES them, even though he will say his favorite colors are pink and blue....because that is what his big sister says. He adores his big sister. Most of the time, like 98% of it, they are best friends......the other 2% I want to run away screaming. He loves school and is fiercely independent. He can drive a power wheel like no body's business. My neighbor thinks he is a better driver than most of the other cars that drive through my neighborhood. His listening skills need major improvements and he will tell you that. He will randomly tell you throughout the day that he loves you for no reason.....and it will melt your heart. He loves to be social and isn't really shy, although he's not super outgoing either. He's right in the middle, which is a great place to be. He has the absolute best personality. He wakes up extremely happy and has everyone around him in stitches all day. He rarely gets angry, but when he does watch out. He's a ham bone and so loved. His favorite toy is a toss up between trains, his fire engines and his big 18 wheeler. His favorite book is "The little engine that could." His favorite snack is Oreos. And he recently decided he hates bananas, but when he gets that you wont' give him any other snack but a banana, he WILL eat it with gusto. His favorite food is spaghetti and meatballs.