Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Her very first day of preschool

Today was a very big day for my baby girl. Today she started preschool. She was so excited to meet her teacher, Mrs. Jenny, and to do all the wonderful things she would do at school. She did so well. There were a few tears as I dropped her off, but by the time I paid my tuition and came back to peek and check on her she was all smiles and playing. I think she is going to have a blast. I picked her up in the carpool at noon and the first thing she said when she got in the car is "momma I want lunch!" followed by "take out your pony momma" - I had no pony tail in when I dropped her off and had one when I picked her up - she is such a smart cookie. Mrs. Jenny said she did great today, she did lots of playing and had no accidents - she is the only one fully potty trained in her class! After school we went to McDonald's with some friends.

I am so proud of my big girl!

Her first day of school breakfast, cinnamon rolls that her daddy made! She loved them. (he then ran to the pediatric clinic and got her immunization form for me - thanks Josh!)

Here she is all ready to go! "Come on Mom lets go to school!"
My two bugs!

Oh how No-wee and I will miss you today Meredith! who will make us laugh?

Not so sure about this whole school thing... You want me to go where lady?
Carrying her bag like a big girl. I swear there were only an extra set of clothes in it, not bricks!
So proud and happy in her classroom. See her bag hanging by her name!
Already busy in her new school!
Loving all the new toys!

She had such a good day and I missed her terribly. She is ready to go back though. Mrs. Margie my neighbor kept Noah while I dropped Meredith off at school, he did great too. Mrs. Margie didn't want to give him back.

5 comments:

Adalyn's World Views said...

Way to go Meredith. I can't wait till you and Adalyn are in the same class!

Jaimie said...

That's wonderful! She looks like she's so "sited" to be there. Love the dress!

jennlagdavis said...

That's awesome!! Mikey starts next week and I am starting to feel very nervous!

Olivia said...

Glad everything went so well. Hope she has a great year!!

Julia said...

what a difference from mom's day out! you knew she'd like preschool better, you were right!