Monday, January 19, 2009

The bug has bit us again

Would it be so hard to believe that my children are sick again? Probably not huh? Well they are, or we are. Yes, this time I have whatever nasty bug is going around. Meredith started with it last Tuesday, she is just starting to climb the hill of feeling normal. She still has a nasty cough and bilateral ear infections, but she is on the mend.

Noah and I are a different story. Noah started with it Friday and I started with it yesterday. According to the length of time Meredith had it, Noah and I are in for the long haul. Today Josh took off of work to stay home with us. Yes, it is that bad. Fever, chills, coughing, sneezing, aching and there is no "so you can rest medicine." Trust me I have tried it all. They are all full of shit.

I hate being sick, mainly because I feel so helpless. I feel like death so trying to comfort them is so hard. However I can fully appreciate their bad moods, sleepless nights, and frustrating cries. Yes, I feel like crying myself. Thank goodness Josh is around, without him today I would be up a creek without a paddle. And really if mommy is too sick to care for you, who is next best in line.....daddy of course. I just hope he is spared.

Now I am back to bed to try to rest. Here is hoping we are all back to normal soon, or close to normal.

2 comments:

MaggieBrown said...

I know the feeling. That is why I created a new program to teach kids not to spread germs. I spent a whole year with continual colds and sinus infections from my bundles of joy. Your's might be too young for it but you might want to take a look anyway. http://www.germywormy.com

jennlagdavis said...

Sending you "get well vibes!"