Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Trading in realtors for contractors

So since the house is now off the market and some place we plan on staying for a VERY LONG time. (I am saying those words with a very exaggerated voice, in case my husband is reading this, I need him to pay for the renovations after all.) So since we are planning on "hunkering down" as Josh would say, I have decided to make a few changes.

I do love my house, I love the yard, the location, the kitchen, I just want to change a few major things with it. Short of taking out all the cabinets I am giving it a complete overall. I can't wait to post the before and after pictures, hopefully that will be soon. As each contractor comes my detail and vision grows drastically. Josh was able to meet up with the latest contractor to come by and as I was explaining in detail what I wanted, Josh didn't realize I had made several plan changes along the way. Thankfully he likes all my new plans and has agreed to at least hear the estimates for the work.

The tikes are helpful as always. I have had multiple contractors and brick layers in and out the past three days. Measuring floors and cabinets and spaces where I want walls and arch ways. Noah follows them around with his own tape measure and Meredith follows them around asking "what are dey doing to our kitchen" in her most worried voice. While I pester them all with details of what I want and what I most certainly do not want and with the most important question of "and exactly how long will this all take?"

My answers on that last one are pretty comical ranging from 3 days to 2 months. I know, what the hell? But in the end I am hoping it is all worth it. Heck, I don't have to clean a damn thing for the contractors to come by so things are already better than they were last month.

So now you can travel with me through my renovations, won't this be fun?

1 comment:

Julia said...

I loooove renovating... but be careful girl... it's addictive. Seems every time I get a house the way I want it, I'm looking for a new project! Jeremy's O-V-E-R it, so I better get it right next time!! I'm excited for you!!