Saturday, January 2, 2010

what she says....a love story

Seven years ago this very month, Mommy and Daddy met.  Daddy was a doctor and Mommy was a speech therapist at Charity hospital in New Orleans.  Daddy helped the sick people feel better and Mommy helped them learn to eat and swallow and talk again after they were sick.  That's where we met.  Then we fell in love, got married, had baby Meredith, then baby Noah and now we are about to have baby Margot or Camping.

Mommy can you tell me dat story again?

Sure.....repeat the above verbatim as verbatim as I could remember.

Mommy I love dat story.  Can you tell me it again?

Okay one more time.....Seven year ago this very month, Mommy and Daddy...

Wait...Mommy TURN IT LOUDER!

Huh?

I can't hear TURN DA STORY UP LOUDER. (We have bilateral ear infections...poor baby.)

Okay...SEVEN YEARS AGO THIS VERY MONTH, MOMMY AND DADDY....REPEAT THE REST OF THE STORY VERBATIM

Mommy I love dat story. 

Me too baby, it was a New Orleans love story. 

Can I be a New Orleans love story too?

Sure!

Okay Noah can be da doctor and help people and I will be da speech tere-ra-tist like you.

The speech therapist?

Yeah, da speech teratist and teach people how to talk and walk and eat.

Sounds good.  Mommy can I be da doctor too? 

Of course!

And da speech teratist.  

If you want, you can be anything. 

Okay. 

Mommy why you weren't da doctor?

Because it was easier to stay home with you one day being the speech therapist.

Okay I'll be da speech teratist and stay home with you when you are little.

Sounds good buggy!

I love how they think at this age....so logical.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!