Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Fun-day

Today when I picked up Noah from preschool I told him I would take him to McDonald's.  I was thinking the drive-thru which is about all the McDonald's I can handle nowadays.  He was thinking inside in the play place.  Reluctantly I agreed.  When him and Meredith were both in preschool we would meet up with friends all the time (not that he remembers those days now)..... now we never go so this was a real treat.

I ordered them lunch, gathered our food and drinks and headed into the place place.  We were the only people in there besides one other mother and her son who was Noah's age. Within three minutes both of my tikes decided they weren't eating and wanted to play.  Noah and his new best friend (so he told me) helped Margot up into the play area.  I let them, forgetting Meredith was not with us to help guide her and help her down.

Within 5 more minutes , the place filled up.  There were now at least 15 kids int he play area, Margot being the youngest and the rest about Noah's age.  I started getting very nervous about Margot being up there with all the bigger kids, but after hearing her fuss loudly at a few I figured she could hold her own.  Things were going well, until about 20 minutes later when I decided I was ready to leave.

I called their names and Noah came down.

I sent Noah back up where he tried to coerce Margot into coming down with him.  It didn't work.

I then sent Noah back up to make her come down.  It didn't work either.

I then instructed him to go back up and try and get her to sit on or in his lap to come down the slide.  I heard "NO NO NO NO NO!"  It didn't work.

Noah's new best friend's mom tried telling her son, who was a little smaller than Noah, to help her come down. I got real panicky and said "We have it, thanks though."  He tried anyway, much to my dismay and....It didn't work.

I then asked Noah to get her to watch him come back down through the area you crawl up.  She watched and stayed firmly planted at the top.  It didn't work.

Meanwhile there are now like 20 kids in the area running around and screaming like hyeanas.

After about 10 minutes of me calling her name and begging Noah to please help me by helping her down.  I gave up. I just left her there.

Oh I'm only kidding.... I took off my shoes....I waited at the bottom for my turn in the climbing structure....   waited like 2 minutes, there were that many kids....and then I started to climb.  Guess what, it's not made for big people.

As I was climbing up in my white jeans, I heard parents chuckling and kids laughing.  I was also told by a few kids that I was way too big for the play place and that it was not for mommas!  Thanks kiddos, I had no idea.

Oh and let me say this...Upon my embarrassing climb of shame I noticed a few things mommas....that play place is DISGUSTING!  I mean it...AWFUL.  Really AWFUL.  It's dusty and dirty and slimy feeling.

When I got to the top and reached for Margot to bring her back down the climbing area she ran away.  Go figure...right?

Finally I talked her into coming near me and she talked me into going down the red slide.  Both kids and parents were laughing when I emerged from the slide, Margot in tow.

Yes, just another Friday fun-day.  No more play places for this momma for a while.

And that there is Noah's new best friend's momma...who totally thought it was okay for her 3 year old to carry my 21 month old.

No comments: