Tuesday, March 4, 2008

half assed

That is how I feel today. My kids are not sleeping, my house is a mess, my head is pounding.....Ever have a day where you just do not feel like doing anything. In fact it is a struggle to get up in the morning. A day where you just want to lay around and watch the mess around you multiply, yep it is one of those days.

I imagine when I had these days and I was working full time, pre tikes, I just went in and did what I had to do to get by and done with my day. I imagine I did therapy with the kids and made sure they worked on something remotely close to their speech goals, but it was not the best I could do. Yeah I remember having a few of those days. And there were even some days I called in sick....a mental health day. Then some days I was on top of my game and squeezed in language and articulation exercises every second they were in the room with me. On those days I was a top notch therapist.

Well at home things are different, there are no sicks days, no mental health days, no one cares if I do the job at all, much less how well I do it. I am my own boss. I guess my husband may care, but since I am the CEO of this household and he is only the VP my business decisions trump his. Seriously I can lay around and do nothing and I will not get fired. I mean I do have to change diapers and feed kids and make sure they do not harm themselves or one another. But I do not have to be the world's greatest mom today. I can let her watch a little too much Elmo or let him swing in the swing a little too long (as long as he is content) and I can do an easy lunch and snack compared to a more healthy one that requires a little more out of me.

I can let the laundry pile up and the dishes in the sink. I can pretend not to see the mess that I have walked over all day and I can ignore the clothes that are falling off of dressers and need desperately to be put away. Yeah I can do all those things, only thing is it will all be here for me tomorrow. So blog, I am leaving now to get to work. I have a lot to do and really I want to play with my kids.....the laundry and dishes may wait....right now Meredith asked to "nuggle". Productivity after all!

3 comments:

Josh said...

Hey love,

Relax and enjoy the kids, as best you can. I will try my best to pick up tonight and let you get some rest early. Love you!! I would never fire you but only see if the CEO would consider giving you a raise for all you do. Josh

Blair said...

Oh your hubby needs to talk to my hubby! I am all about a raise. But considering I get paid in hugs and kisses, $10 a month would be an improvement!
I feel you though. My house is a constant mess. I pick up this section, Charlotte messes up that section. Diaper change here, wipe a nose there. And don't even get me started on the laudry. Min of 4 loads two times a week. How is it possible that our little family of 4 produces 8 loads of laundry in a week!?

Jaimie said...

Get your head up. We all have those days. To be honest I have those days more than not! You house is just too damn big to take care of. That's your prob! :-)