Friday, March 28, 2008

Let's go walking....

Yeah if you are from the great state of Mississippi you can probably finish the sentence above by singing it....if not....let me fill you in.

There is a wonderful commercial here in Mississippi that is so damn annoying it is catchy. It involves a woman who I *think* is the governor's wife, Duece McAllister (my favorite NFL player), and other random people here in our Magnolia State.

Anyway the woman walks up to Duece and says, "Hey Duece, Let's go walking!" in the most exuberant voice ever. Then Duece gets up and goes walking and so does everyone else. The commercial wants me to get up and walk to the TV and turn it off, I see all those state tax dollars wasted. I know so cynnical I am.

Anyway the other day....little Mizit gets on her microphone in the playroom and I here...

"Ey Doo, Es go walkin......Es go walkin....Miiiis-siii-sip- ee! Es go walkin...Miiiis-siii-sip-ee!"

And on and on and on. It is her new favorite song. When we walk to the mailbox I here, "es go walkin momma!" followed by "Ey Doo, es go walkin...Miiiis-siii-sip-ee!" and so on and on and on.

3 comments:

Esme said...

I can practically hear her singing it... adorable!

The Owen Family said...

This girl needs her own comedy act! Everything she does and says is just priceless. I am so glad you have this blog so you can record it. Imagine what kinds of stuff she will be saying later!

Josh said...

I can hear some of the stuff Mizit will be saying later and other parents may not be too happy with us as the kids get older. :-)