Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Two letters....one post!

Dear Mr. ADT man,

Thanks for coming out today and fixing the alarm and thanks for letting me know the services I wanted you to install I already had....see I don't get much sleep lately. I am sure after being here for 30 minutes you understand.

I am sorry that I had to nurse my son in front of you. He hadn't eaten since 8am and it was well after 12:30 by the time I unloaded them and got inside and discussed what I needed you to do and by that time he was starving. I get that you were embarrassed and couldn't look at me, but I wasn't showing anything he was under a blanket for goodness sakes! Sorry about that though, I don't wait for people to show up at my house to nurse the baby, but sometimes a moms gotta do what a moms gotta do.

I also deeply apologize for the sweet potatoes that were splattered on your pants. I don't usually let my 2 year old walk around with glass jars of baby food. EVER. Today was really the first day she did this. I had no idea she would drop it at your feet and I had no clue that baby food could travel so far through the air.

I also wanted to let you know that I don't typically let my 2 year old run around naked. I am not some free spirited hippy type, but with me having to retrieve the glass off the floor and clean up the sweet potatoes before she tracked it from one end of the house to the other I had no choice but not to dress her.

I also know it isn't easy to work with screaming babies around....trust me I know the feeling. But he was hungry and the milk wasn't cutting it and his sweet potatoes were all over the floor with glass and I had to prioritize and let's face it......sweet potatoes with glass on the floor trumps a crying baby who wants to eat.

So again I apologize....and thanks for acknowledging that I have my hands full!

yours truly,
one mom who should have stayed in bed today

p.s. the sweet potato look really works for you!

************************

Dear Mom in the gymnastics waiting room,

I get that you could have been having a really rough day, in fact I was having one too. I got about 3 hours of sleep last night. I also get that you are not up for mother of the year award, that is okay neither am I. But it would be nice if you corrected your son once in a while.....I have my own two kids....I don't need to be a parent to yours as well.

And in case you weren't aware it is not polite for him to walk on all the other mothers' feet in the waiting room. I also am not going to get out of my chair and move it so he can drive his toy truck where I am sitting no matter how many times he says excuse me!

Also not sure if you noticed that our sons are not ideal playmates. I mean your son is about 5 and my son is 7 months old. I would have rathered watched my daughter do gymnastics than to constantly stop your son from tormenting my baby. I didn't appreciate him putting his hands on my son's head and face or grabbing toys away from him or trying to pick him up and move him. I also don't want to have to explain to your son why he cannot take toys from a baby, that the toys belong to us and to please not put his hands in his face over and over again!

And if your son is aggravating you, by all means please do not send him over to talk to the babies. Did you really not hear me correcting him all morning?

And lastly.....when your sons barrels into someone holding a baby and knocking them over into another mother in the waiting room, it is your job to acknowledge it and apologize and then to teach your child to do the same.

sincerely,
the mother who wanted to rip your freakin' head off

2 comments:

Adalyn's World Views said...

I love it!!!!

Jess said...

Haha! Good post! Still chuckling... Are you gonna get in a rumble at Gymnastics? :)