Friday, November 14, 2008

The end of the journey

Well we have come to the end of our breastfeeding journey. And while the trip was often humorous, sometimes stressful, and occasionally a pain in the ass, it was also very special. However like all good things it is time for it to come to an end. Noah is ready and even though I am very sad to admit it I am ready for it to end as well. Noah will be a year old next Wednesday and I can proudly say that I nursed both of my babies for a year. And though it wasn't always easy....yes see this post again....it was well worth it. I have not enjoyed anything more.

So my Noah man, this means you are officially growing into a big boy. I am sad that this time is over, but at the same time I am thankful for all those quiet moments we have shared with one another. You were such an easy baby to nurse, not demanding, quick learning although easily distracted for a while so much so that I thought we would never make the year mark, but you eventually got over that and decided you were a booby baby and have been a pro ever since. I will miss these days and look back on them forever. I love you my little man, more than you will ever know. Happy soon to be first birthday.

1 comment:

Blair said...

Way to go! I know how sad yet happy that moment is. Every now and again I miss it.

But then I got sick and realized I could take any and every cold medicine out there without fear of how it would affect Fran.

It was a wonderful feeling!