Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Beach....and not the beach!

Yes, we are home! I would say it is good to be home, but if we are being honest, it sucks. Not because coming home is not good after 7 nights away, but because when I was in Destin, I woke up to this every morning.....
And this is just a small, and I mean small, sampling of what I came home too....
And in case you couldn't see the layers upon layers of dust in that photo look at this one.....
Yes, that dust covered every square inch of my first floor and probably most of the second floor too. That my friends is why I haven't posted pictures like this one......


or this one from the beach.....



No instead we have been cleaning up dust and shit since Saturday, today I can finally see the light at the very far end of the very long tunnel. That and I called Servpro to come and finish the stuff I just can't do anymore, because really do you know how to clean out air conditioner vents.....yeah me either. Yes, it all has to be cleaned, because the people working on my kitchen floors have NEVER heard of visquine and when they ripped up over 500+ square feet of ceramic tile with a jackhammer, they never covered up anything or any opening to the rest of my house......but this is a rant for another day.

So yes internets I am home, happy about it? Not really, but home and starting to get life back to normal, that and plan my next beach trip!

Oh yeah and here's a teaser.....I promise to put up the before and afters, but since the 2 week job is now carrying into it's 4th week and may never end....I'm not sure when that will be. Enjoy! I promise more destin news and pics to come shortly....if I can find my sanity in a suitcase somewhere.


Oh and you better tell me what you think....I've been living in hell for weeks....please for goodness sake tell me what you think about it so far.....oh and it isn't near completion.....SERIOUSLY!

4 comments:

Jaimie said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julia said...

it's beautiful!!!!!!!

Amy said...

All I ever wanted out of life was a brick floor in my kitchen. I know, I'm totally simple and easy to please! LOVE the kitchen...seriously, it's my dream!

Lisa P said...

Beautiful! I never would have thought to do that. It really works.

Bummer on all of that dust. I can't believe they didn't close off vents or the rest of the house. Holy smokes that's dumb.