Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Empowered

Last Friday, I posted about how I went to the gym and it really kicked my ass. I am out of shape. After a week I am still majorly out of shape, but it's getting easier and I am feeling 100% better. I love to work out. I mean that. Going to the gym and dropping the kids off for a quick step class or other class is not a chore to me. It is empowering. I feel great.

Setting time aside to work out each day alone, is the first thing I have done for myself and only myself in a long time......well aside from that new Gucci purse I picked up in NYC. Seriously, this is the first time I have set aside time each day to do something for just me. Something that makes me feel better, look better and overall just boost my self esteem and self confidence. I can't believe I let 4 years go by without working out.

Granted working out also benefits my family as well. I am happier, which means my kids and husband are happier. I am in better shape and able to be in better shape for my family. It also teaches my kids to stay in shape and remain active. Not that either of them have a problem with activity right now.

I encourage all of you to get in shape, don't wait until tomorrow life is way to precious to put things off. Do something for you today, it will feel good!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad you are feeling strong and fit! Working full time and taking care of Jack, I have no time to do anything just for me...except for the gym. Sometimes I resent that's all I get right now, but really I'm thankful because I'd be a MUCH grouchier me if I didn't work off some aggrivation!

Keep it up:)

Julia said...

I kept waiting for a funny story about today's class... it was brutal! lol!