Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Some days I feel like I just suck at this....

Like today. Last night Meredith started throwing up around 9pm. Fun, fun.....she continued until right around 2-3am. At 1am Noah woke up for about an hour, he just decided he wanted to be held and rocked, so I did. Only to come down and clean up vomit and help Josh change sheets and clothes and so on.

Then today she woke up and more you know what. So I called my mom to come and stay with Meredith so I could bring Noah to his 6 month appointment. Yes he made 6 months old this week, I know where does the time go. So we get there and he is screaming and crying, because he is tired. And I, his mother, cannot comfort him. He wants his bed. Yes call me lucky, he likes to nap and fall asleep in his bed. He does not mind being rocked, but there was not exactly a rocking chair in the pediatrician's office. As much as I love the fact that he can soothe himself to sleep, I hate it that he would rather do that than me soothe him.

Then we got shots, which is always fun and then he had to have blood drawn....all of this on top of a already exhausted and cranky baby leads to more fun. The pediatrician then gave him a once over and everything came out just fine except for the fact that he still has a little fluid in his left ear. I know, it has been 5 months of fluid now, I feel like a failure.

And Meredith is sick for like the 589th time this year. I know.....where am I going wrong?

3 comments:

The Owen Family said...

sounds like my world over here this week. Logan has had an awful fever virus all week. Took him to doctor, he cried from the second we got in the doctor room, the waiting, the examination, to the checking out part. He hates the doctor's office. Poor guy and poor me b/c he is sooooooo cranky!!! Thomas has been couped up b/c we can't go anywhere, no school cuz it is out...talk about hyper active!! I am so ready to be sick free over here!! Hope Meredith starts feeling better soon! Calgon take me away!!! remember that commercial?

Jess said...

Sounds like we've got alot of sickies around here lately. :( I hope she feels better soon.

Olivia said...

You don't suck. Hang in there. Hope everyone including you is better soon!