Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Come on in and see what a difference one's sanity makes...

Oh Internets!  You have stuck with me through this horrendous renovation.  You have patiently waited and some of you may even continue to check the blog occasionally in hopes that I have posted pictures of the fruits of my labor and many months of blood, sweat and tears.  Well I did, it took almost as long as the renovation. 




I have lost my sanity through this process, I am slowly gaining it back.  But come inside and see what happened.  Realize that the living room is finished, but I am awaiting additional furniture.  I will post more pictures when it all gets here.  My photography skills are not the best....deal with it.  I also swear that I took better before pictures, but for the life of me CANNOT find them on my computer.  My organizational skills went out the window the day they started with this....




But alas we are finished. Things were not done on schedule, I cleaned better than I did in my entire life due to some peoples inability to use visqueen. And low and behold I survived. I guess I am cut out for that kind of work.

So here is the before......


And the after.........




Again the before.....



And the after....




Looking into the kitchen before.....



Looking into the kitchen after.....



The new brick wall on the living room side.  That mirror isn't staying there, I just don't know what I will put there.



Looking from the kitchen into the living room.
Before......



After.......



Looking toward the stove/cook top with the old island and floors and without the wall.
Before.....



After.....



The breakfast area before.....



After...
(I need a closeup of my new table, it is made from on old door from a house in Nola)




And now just some details.
My new chandelier over the breakfast table....
The new brick floors, I love them.



The new island.  I have bookcases on each end.



My new kitchen faucet.  Sorry it is blurry, but I love it!
The cabinet I had built on the brick wall on the kitchen side.  I use it as a china cabinet.


So what do you think?  Anything I left out you want to see?  My new hardware wasn't installed yet in these pictures, it is now do you need to see that?  Do I need a close up of anything else?  Please humor me, say something!

8 comments:

2Wired2Tired said...

It looks incredible! I can see why you've been so busy. I don't think you left anything out.

Great choices, it looks so homey and cozy. I love the brick floor in the kitchen too - very unique.

jennlagdavis said...

MANDI - IT'S AMAZING!!!!

I love the brick you picked out for the wall & the floor!! And I especially love the new cabinet on the brick wall!!

Amy said...

I WANT THAT BRICK!!!

mandi said...

Thanks ladies!

Amy - make sure you get your brick one day!

The Owen Family said...

Lovin it!!! It looks soooo good Mandi, worth all the craziness you had to go through I would say b/c it is BEAUTIFUL!!! Now I want brick floors!!! ha! Totally cozy like she said and I love cozy!

Amanda said...

Gorgeous!!! Totally worth all the trouble.

Shannon said...

Very, very pretty & loaded with charm! Congrats on a job well done!

Jaimie said...

I just saw this. OMG....IT'S AMAZING!!!!! Love, love, love the island!!!! Have fun in Disney. Call me when you get back...I miss you!!!!