Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas dinner!

This year I am so excited about Christmas dinner. Trust me that is a huge deal for me, everyone who knows me knows why. I am the pickiest eater ever and I HATE traditional Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner. I despise turkey and I'm not a fan of all the trimmings and fixings. In fact my favorite dishes for both is normally bread and dessert and I am really not a huge pie fan so even dessert stinks a little.

But this year, my family is going the classic New Orleans route! After years of me suggesting this, they are finally coming around. This year our menu includes...
  • Seafood Gumbo
  • Crawfish Pies
  • Some oyster dish
  • Shrimp Fettuchini
  • Shrimp & Macaroni Salad
  • Green Salad
  • Potato Salad
  • French Bread (key element)
  • Desserts (of which I am in charge and there won't be a pie to be had!!!)

So yes my mouth is watering and I can't wait. I love food, I just love good food or food that I love. Anyone want to join us???

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

I DO I DO I DO!!!!! There better be some cajun cooking going on when I come in Feb!!!!