Friday, December 21, 2007

Just call us Britney & K-Fed

What started out as a nice family outing, ended as parenting going wrong! Very wrong. Josh and I woke up and took the kids for donuts. We normally do this every weekend, but since he had off today for a wedding out of town that we didn't quite make (a story for another post) we decided to go today. After donuts, we hit up the park and the train table at a local toy store; this is when our parenting skills went wrong. We were more of a Brit and K-Fed parenting team then mandi and josh. We walked out of the toy store, children and loot in hand and proceeded to dump the loot, put Meredith in the car seat and I took Noah into the drivers seat with me to nurse him. As I was nursing him I started telling Josh an interesting story, I finished nursing him, handed him off to K-Fed, I mean Josh and started to adjust my bra and shirt while continuing my story. Then, I put the car in reverse, backed out of the spot and took off. We were went about a 1/4 of a mile when we realized that Noah was still in the front seat in Josh's arms!!!!!!

Josh looks at me and asked "Why is Noah still in my arms?" .....

To which I replied..."Ummmm I don't know, what the hell?!?!"

Then I quickly looked for somewhere to pull over, pulled into the oncoming lane of traffic's turning lane and quickly made it to the safety of a fast food parking lot.

So yeah just call us Brit and K-Fed!

1 comment:

Blair said...

I love it! I feel like that almost every day. Before I walk out the door, I do a child head count. And before I pull out of the driveway, I do the same. My biggest fear is to arrive at my destination with Frances asleep in either (1) her crib or (2) our driveway!