Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Does anyone know what day it is?

That is exactly how I feel lately. It seems like life continued on while I was in a dark sink hole this past week. Plans I had made and things that needed to be accomplished all went undone, yet the activities and deadlines moved on forward. We missed a birthday party, mardi gras parades, and lots of bad tv.

I am so out of it, I still feel doped up on medications somewhat. As I was driving to Target today I got a little light headed and thought, hmmm I wonder if I should be driving right now. But we made it in one piece and crossed off several things from our to do list that should have been done last week. It is weird trying to get back into the day to day.

In the course of my kidney stone drama, both of my kids were sick with a 24 hour vomit virus, my house was shown, my husband and I had a lunch date, and I cooked dinner. The sad part is I really don't remember most of it. I blame it on the many and various narcotics given to ease the pain. Thankfully I have a wonderful husband and parents who were there for me when I just couldn't do it on my own.

Today I am sorting things out in my head, getting stationery orders that weren't done on schedule out, calling the realtor to see about the showing I had forgotten about, trying to figure out where and how to go from here. Trying to get back on track. So bare with me as I get my groove back. Here is a little what she said to hold you over...

"My back is killing me......damn stones"

"Meredith, you have the stones too?"

"Yes, momma and dey are killing me"

No comments: