Friday, July 17, 2009

4 years too many

For the past few weeks I have been on a kick where I feel the need to get back in shape. I don't know what brought this on so suddenly or urgently, because I've been talking about getting back in shape since May of 2006. It just hasn't happened, until today.

And no I didn't all of a sudden get in shape, but I started on my way. Yesterday, I loaded up the tikes and headed to one of our local gyms. The one with the old people and arthritic pool because after working out for the first time in 4 years, I knew I would feel like I had arthritis and need to relax in it. Anyway yesterday, I went down there and signed us up. Dropped the kids off in the nursery to get them used to it and then took a tour. I tell ya, that really wore me out.

Today was a different animal though. I showed up to the 20/20/20 class. 20 minutes of step/cardio, 20 minutes of upper and lower body toning, and 20 minutes of abs. Holy Shit! I thought I was going to die and there the old lady next to me was hanging in there like a pro. I on the other hand gave it my all and honey I was wiped out. It was a damn good workout, I will definitely be at that class on Fridays from here on out.

The kids also did great, they cheered for me when I picked them up and told me they loved me. It's nice to have two adorable cheerleaders. Poor Noah also had to walk to the car because my arms hurt so bad I couldn't hold him.

It has been a little over 4 years since I have worked out like that and nothing has ever felt so good. Pre-baby body here I come!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Good for you Mandi! The good news is that will be the hardest that class will ever be. It only gets easier the more you do it! Pretty soon, you'll be running circles around that old broad;)

Amanda said...

Congrats on wanting to get in shape. I am on a major kick to get back in shape right now too. Good luck!!!