Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Why pregnancy and childbirth are worth it!

I  have to be honest when I say I HATE being pregnant.  Maybe it's the intense swelling that comes at the end of my pregnancy or the 40+ lbs I manage to gain even when working out.  Or the fact that none of my clothes fit or that I feel like a whale most of the time.  I hear the whole you are so cute pregnant, but I don't feel it....at all!  I don't think I have that glow about me.  Don't get me wrong I LOVE the end result, I just hate the road there.  And I know I am not alone, however there are also many women who would strongly disagree with me, like my mother, she always says that she loved being pregnant.  That's fine...it's just not for me.

Then their is the whole childbirth thing.  That isn't on my top ten list either.  I mean is it a miracle?  Certainly.  But lets face it, there is nothing glamorous about marching to an OR, having an anesthesiologist put a needle in your back and then a nurse put a patch on your leg to ground you, in preparation for a doctor to come in and cut you open, to pull a screaming baby out.  To me, it's not really amazing, it's just plain frightening...but again necessary.

So why I decided to do this fun thing called pregnancy and childbirth a THIRD time is beyond me....oh I kid!  I know exactly why I did it.....because there is nothing in the world like watching your 4 year old turn down sleeping in her own pink princess tent....

because her baby brother asked her to "peez seep wit me ta-ta"

And so she did.  She climbed right out of her own tent, with her pink pillow and blankie in tow and climbed right in to her baby brother's tent with him.  Then surprisingly they snuggled up and went right to sleep.  That is why I decided to go through pregnancy and childbirth a third time.  Because there is something so very special about watching your children love one another.  I hope it continues for the rest of their lives and I hope they make room in the tent for the caboose soon.

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is one of the sweetest things I've ever seen! What a great big sister Meredith is:)

Sarah C. said...

What a sweet post. Where did you get the tents? They are so cute!!

mandi said...

Hey Sarah, I got the tents at Mistletoe Marketplace here in Mississippi. It's sort of like a craft fair the junior league puts on. I know the ladies that made them had some type of shop, whether it was online or not, I don't remember, but I will look for the info or ask aroun. A lot of my friends here have them and I am sure someone knows where they came from. My kids love them, they play in them a lot and they LOVE to sleep in them.