Thursday, November 22, 2007

What am I most thankful for!!!!


My husband!

I married the greatest man in the world. I really did! He has been great with the birth of our new addition. Let's start from the beginning. In recovery while waiting to go into the OR I was a tad nervous, okay I was more than a tad. I yelled at him a little I was so nervous, not sure why....he just apologized. I then had him talked in to making an appointment for a vasectomy for next monday and he agreed. After the surgery whenI was on a high from meeting our new son, I had him talked into 2 more kids and he agreed. He was right there with me holding my hand, rubbing my head and calming me down while I had a c-section. He then went with our baby boy to recovery and he was beaming as a proud new dad!

Fast forward to Tuesday when my hormones were out of wack and I yelled at him, he took it in stride. And then on Wednesday when it took to long to fill my prescriptions or he printed too many pictures, I yelled again and he again he just apologized. I am sure some part of him deep down inside wanted to yell right back or perhaps even knock me out, but he didn't he just apologized, smiled and gave me a kiss. And yes I was wrong to yell, very wrong and none of it was deserving or even something to yell about, but he handled the situation so brilliantly it was awesome. And I am so sorry and thank you Josh!

What else has he done: He has changed every diaper since Noah was born, why??? ....uhm because he has. I don't even have to ask. He has gotten up at night with Noah and literally walked the hospital room for over an hour so I could sleep. When I asked him why he didn't just rock him, he told me he was afraid he would fall asleep. He got up again with him last night as well and watched ESPN from 11pm until 2am so I could sleep! He made sure we all ate today and waited on us, he made sure Meredith kept her same routine, he made sure I didnt' do too much or do anything really. Somehow he managed to take care of me (3 days out of surgery), a toddler and a newborn... let me tell you that is no easy task, but he did it so well and he never complained. Not to mention he decorated the christmas tree with Meredith today, as he put ornaments on, she pulled them off. He got all the decorations out of the attic, he did three loads of laundry, he cleaned the kitchen after he prepared our Thanksgiving day lunch and dinner! And he still bathed and put Meredith to bed after reading Good Night Moon! (her favorite)

This man truly deserves an award, and since they don't give out awards like that. I am dedicating my blog to him today! Joshua, I love you. Thank you so much. And on this Thanksgiving night, I am most thankful for you! Without you I wouldn't be who I am today, I wouldn't have the two most amazing children and I wouldn't have the wonderful life I have! But most importantly without you my life would be so incomplete! I love you with all of my heart! I don't know what I would do without you! You are my hero!

Thank you for all that you do! today, this week, everyday! You are a great husband, friend, man and father! You truly are one of a kind.

4 comments:

Lisa P said...

Josh, you sound like an ace of a guy!

The Owen Family said...

I have ALWAYS been such a huge Josh fan!!!! What a man!!! Laundry, cooking, Mr. Mom, cleaner, what more could a girl want!!!!! ha! And not to mention that awesome baby gift he got you!!!

Jaimie said...

What a wonderful blog. You really brought me to tears. I know first hand it's not easy taking care of you w/ you yelling. What a man! :-) Love you bunches!

Adalyn's World Views said...

I hope it rubs off on my husband when I have my turn. Do you have a training camp he can attend. Way to go Josh!!!!