Saturday, August 30, 2008

Because the world needs more people like him...

Filmmaker Michael Moore calls Gustav timing a 'gift from God'
by The Times-Picayune
Saturday August 30, 2008, 6:58 PM
Academy Award-winning filmmaker Michael Moore, best-known for his documentaries "Roger and Me" and "Fahrenheit 9/11" told MSNBC commentator Keith Olbermann on Friday that projections that Hurricane Gustav could hit near New Orleans on the opening night of the Republican National Convention "is proof that there is a God in heaven."

Olbermann led into the interview with Moore noting that President Bush was presenting John McCain with a birthday cake when Hurricane Katrina flooded New Orleans on Aug. 29, 2005.
Moore responded: "I was just thinking, this Gustav is proof that there is a God in heaven. To just have it ... planned at the same time, that it would actually be on its way to New Orleans for Day One of the Republican convention, up in the Twin Cities, at the top of the Mississippi River."
Moore then quickly added that "I certainly hope nobody gets hurt; I hope everybody's taking cover."
You can watch the
YouTube video here.
Rep. Steve Scalise, R-Jefferson, issued a statement calling for Moore to apologize for his remarks.
"I demand an immediate apology from Michael Moore to the people of south Louisiana for his offensive and inappropriate comments," Scalise said. "People in Louisiana, regardless of political affiliation, are making plans to leave to protect their families from this serious storm, and the God I know would not share Michael Moore's glee for our plight."
For complete convention coverage
.post-footer img { margin-top: -10px }

I already thought Michael Moore was an ass, he just proved me right again. Some people should just keep their mouths shut, he is one of them. I'm sure the democratic party would agree as well.

I know that it is normal for people to wish hurricanes to hit elsewhere than where they live. I truly wish it would make landfall directly on his home. I know this isn't possible, but I'm a dreamer.

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

Wow...how can you be so insensitive at a time like this? I mean, you can leave politics alone just for a second can't you. That angers me so much!