Thursday, March 5, 2009

Up and down pants

Do you know what those are? I bet you don't. When Josh's sister visited us this summer, she told us a few stories from his childhood. Apparently Josh wore up or down pants when he was younger. Up pants were shorts and down pants were pants. For a long time he only wanted to wear down pants.

Well like father, like daughter. Meredith is going through a phase that is about to kill me. She refuses to wear short sleeve shirts. The weather is starting to get really nice and she will not put on a short sleeve shirt. I could force her, but I have to think to myself is it really worth it. The tears, the screaming, the tantrums, the heartbreak of an almost 3 year old......no it is totally not worth it. But that doesn't mean I don't try.

I normally give her two options in the morning. This worked for a while. Now she will veto both options because she "needs long sleeves momma!" It doesn't matter that it is 80 degrees outside, she "needs long sleeves momma!" It doesn't matter if we are going somewhere and I have a really cute outfit all picked out and is appropriate for the weather because she "needs long sleeves momma!"

Yes, it is killing me, but like I said.....like father, like daughter. I am betting she will look really funny this summer.....oh yes, I think this long sleeve saga will continue until then. I am just hoping to lose the favored pink turtleneck by then.

No comments: