Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The homework begins

On Friday, Meredith came home with homework.  I know who gives homework over Labor Day weekend?  Apparently the three year old teachers at Meredith's preschool, that's who.  The homework was to complete the silhouette with some of Meredith's favorite things.  Like her favorite colors, hobbies, food, animals, games, toys and so on. 



Thankfully this little homework project was easy, because in true Mandi fashion I waited until Tuesday to complete the assignment due no later than Wednesday morning.  I actually had to take my SD card to get pictures developed this morning.  Nothing like last minute.  I know as she gets older these projects will become a little harder and more involved so I will have to work on this procrastination thing. 



And yes, I said I will have to work on the procrastination thing because we all know homework and projects is as much work for the parent as it is for the child.  Just ask my mom and the endless science projects she had to do for us.





Here is my girl working on her silhouette....the other random worksheets are homework sheets she assigns herself daily.  My girl lives for homework!




Checking out the final project.





So proud of her work.




The finished product!


Here is what it all means.
Things Meredith likes...
- dancing
- Brownie-her dog
- her family
- coloring
- pencils for homework
- spaghetti and meatballs
- cooking
- baking
- dressing up
- princesses
- her favorite animal - monkey
- going to work with her daddy at the hospital
- oatmeal
- cookies
-the color pink!

I know these will change one day, so I love that I will have it documented at the age of 3!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What a cute little project. She did a great job!

2Wired2Tired said...

When I first started reading your post, I groaned thinking about preschoolers having homework. But I agree with Amanda, a very cute project and a keepsake too. Creative teacher she has there!

Julia said...

very cute! good job Meredith! :)