Monday, October 19, 2009

Much better

This weekend was fabulous.  Did you hear me?  FABULOUS!

We packed up the car and headed out Friday afternoon with not a care in the world.  We left our two little monkeys in the very good hands of their Mimi and hit the road.  We stopped for an impromptu dinner at Ruth's Chris then continued on to our hotel.  We checked in grabbed our coats and headed to the Bay front bar complete with outdoor fire places.  I had another glass of wine and Josh had a drink himself. 

The next day we got up and played the entire day by ear.  We had a late lunch, saw a movie, shopped, went to an art walk and then did appetizers for dinner followed by late night pizza.  We slept in, we snoozed and we went about our day without a care in the world.  I remembered why I fell in love with my husband many years ago.  I realized we continue to have so much more in common than just our home and children.  We are still the crazy couple that stayed up all night on our first date talking and then watched the sunrise.  A little more sleep deprived, but that same couple indeed.

We vowed to each other not to make it so long before we take another trip just the two of us.  Then we hurried home to snuggle our babies.

Thank you Josh for being the wonderful husband and man you are.  I am very lucky you love me too!  Thanks for a fabulous weekend.

2 comments:

Julia said...

have you quit your blog? :(

jennlagdavis said...

just read you are preggers!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!

we can't wait to read all about life with #3 on the way!