Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yesterday....Today....Tomorrow

Last night my mom took both of my tikes home with her. I have to say I missed them dearly. I worried about my Noah, he feels like complete crap, I know....I feel the same way. I worried he wouldn't sleep and would miss me. I worried that I was being a terrible mother for not caring for him when he was ill. However I was ill as well. Very ill, in fact I can't remember feeling this bad before. My congestion is so bad even with all those meds, that at times I truly feel like my head may explode. Can you imagine how my poor Noah must feel? I know....heart braking.


However they went home with Mimi and I knew that Mimi would hold him all night if needed and snuggle him and take care of him like her own. Yes, that I was not worried about. So he and Meredith went and they had dinner and spent the night. I laid in bed feeling like death all night. I tossed and turned and thought about how miserable I felt and how I couldn't breathe and how I envied everyone I knew who was feeling well. I did, sorry.


This morning I woke up after about 6 hours of consecutive sleep. Maybe it was 5, but it was the most sleep I have had consecutively in over a week. So I woke up and it was weird.....I didn't have to get two kids up, I didn't have to make breakfast or feed anyone. I only had my own nose to wipe. The only thing I really have to do right now is put this computer down, get up take a shower, brush my teeth and perhaps get dressed. And really I don't even have to do that. Well I do have to before 10am when the kids get home if I want to do it uninterrupted.


And as I sit here here typing this I honestly can't remember what it was like to only have to take care of myself in the mornings. I haven't even been a mother for a full 3 years yet, but at the same time I can't remember what my life was like before they arrived. I feel like I have known and loved these tikes my whole life.


This morning I realized that life changes. Quickly. Tomorrow will never be like today. And even though we may look back on days with fondness, I hope we can look to tomorrow with hope. I believe that the President will lead this nation with his children in mind, with my children in mind, with your children in mind. I hope that he makes this world better for them, that is all I want President Obama. Let's make it happen.


No comments: